- New registration web user interface: we have simplified the registration process to make Taikun easily accessible for our users. With just one-minute sign-up, you can start your Cloud journey hassle-free and enjoy all the benefits Taikun offers.
- New subscription web user interface: with an emphasis on increased security, we have released a new secure internal user interface for selecting a Taikun subscription and managing your billing and payments.
- We have rebranded our company to Taikun.cloud a.s.
- Several updates in the “Demo” mode of Takun to ensure a smooth demo experience
- You can now select an Organization during the creation of Tickets
- Updated use-case information messages
- Interactive Docs link now available in all sections of the navigation panel
- Fixed extra validations in dialog inputs
- Import Private Repository: import any private repo containing your applications
- Demo Mode: leverage the Demo mode of Taikun to see how it can manage Cloud resources
- Addition to Application parameters: change parameters of Applications when installing or editing them
- Several updates of Autoscaler to the logic of editing parameters
- Introduced updates to improve the security and stability of the Keycloak login mechanism
- Improved validation mechanism when inputting data to Taikun
- Updated version of the documentation
- Fixed application parameters filtering
- Improved mechanism for binding Images and Flavors
- Fixed Ticketing options for various roles
- Fixes of visibility for the User role when viewing an Organization’s resources
- Autoscaling: Automaticaly scale up and down your cluster based on load. Works great with Taikun Apps
- New user interface: Updated redesigned user interface for a unique user-friendly experience and ease of all your Taikun operations
- Cloud costs: Monitor your infrastructure costs in real time for your current project on an advanced section designed specifically for your cloud costs
- Multi availability zones: Support for multi availability zone project on AWS, Azure and Google cloud credentials.
- Create admin cloud credentials in OpenStack and automatically use these admin cloud credentials when creating an organization to create a project in Openstack
- Documentation about Google Cloud Credentials and Application part in Taikun
- New company website under www.taikun.cloud
- Fixes in UI validations
- Fixes in backup and restore procedures
- Fixes in catalogs and applications
Spot Virtual Machines for AWS and Azure
Taikun now supports by-request VMs known as Spot Instances, in which you can take advantage of unused capacity from cloud providers deploying virtual servers with a significantly lower-price than regular VMs.
Read more about Spot VMs on AWS and Azure.
These options are available for:
Add Project Page
- Enable Spot
- Allow Spot VM’s
- Allow Full Spot Kubernetes
- Allow Spot Workers
- Allow Spot VM’s
If “Allow Spot VM’s” is enabled, you can define the Maximum Spot Price.
Servers Page – K8s view
- Enable Spot Worker
- Enable Full Spot
- Disable Full Spot
Servers Page – VMs view
- Enable Spot VMs
Redesign of the Images page
Images are divided to the following three tabs
- Quickstart Images
- My Images
- Public Images
Also few minor changes and bug fixes in UI.
Standalone VMs Server Page
- here you can see all created VMs for the project
- you can add VM for a project stored in any cloud (OpenStack, AWS and Azure)
- before you add new VM, keep in mind you have to bind the Image and create Standalone Profile first
- bind or unbind images from project
- you can only bind images from the provider where your project is stored
- without bound image you cannot add a new VM
- create profile for your VM with SSH key, add Security Groups
- you can define Security Groups – protocols ICMP, TCP and UDP are supported
- it is not possible to add profile to VM later, once the profile is created SSH key cannot be edited
- you cannot add a new VM without any standalone profile
- see the overview of all standalone VMs
- in new column View you can choose if you want to see detailed K8s or VMs page
Also few minor changes and bug fixes in UI – e.g. improved status colours contrast.