Adding nodes #
The only step left is to add functioning Cloud servers to your Project! A Kubernetes cluster typically requires at least one master node and multiple worker nodes. The master node is responsible for managing the state of the cluster, such as scaling and rolling out updates, while worker nodes run the actual applications. Taikun requires another third type of server called Bastion, which connects Taikun to your Cluster.
Follow the steps described below to create your first cluster within Taikun:
1. Open your newly-created Project from the list
2. Hit on the right side of your screen
3. Choose a specific Flavor to be bound to your Project
4. Add 3 new Servers to your Project. A correctly functioning cluster needs to have 1 Bastion, at least 1 Worker, and 1 Master.
- (optional) you might be asked to Repair your Project to save the current configuration
Congratulations! You have just created your first Kubernetes cluster with Taikun!
Certain changes might be introduced to your configuration either directly from Project Details (e.g. Backup, Monitoring, Profiles) or under specific tabs like updating Access Profile, Kubernetes Profile.
Keep in mind that changes to your Project require a Repair of your Project.